Quizzing for ADSHG

ADSHG
  • Lottie tells us about how she organised a pub quiz to raise funds for the ADSHG.

As a prelude to running the London Marathon in support of the ADSHG, in March 2016 I hosted a pub quiz in Clapham to fundraise for the Group. I chose to support the ADSHG as my good friend Pippa (who is also the ADSHG Twitter coordinator) has Addison’s. We’ve been friends since university and I’ve seen first-hand the difference the support and resources available by the ADSHG has made to her.

Kicking off at 7pm at The Railway Pub in Clapham North, there was a good turnout from both mine and Pippa’s friends with six teams in total.

The quiz answers were widely debated, with the ‘London’ and ‘guess the song lyrics’ rounds causing much excitement between the teams as they tried to recall songs from their childhood (the Spice Girls did make an appearance) or remember which tube station has an entrance either side of the Thames (Blackfriars for those of you who weren’t aware).

There were some great prizes for the raffle, with the top prize a bottle of champagne for two at The Sky Garden won by Lizzie Parrott, and other great prizes including a sports massage and John Lewis vouchers.

Winners of the quiz were ‘The 3 Quizketeers’ who won mini bottles of prosecco, with runners up winning mini Easter eggs!

The total raised on the night was £182, which was a great result. A huge thank you to everyone who attended and donated prizes and also to the staff at The Railway Pub for the use of their first floor room and for keeping us well fed and hydrated throughout the night!

Lottie

First published in the June 2016 edition of the ADSHG newsletter.

Important Information

By using this website you are consenting to the use of cookies. Details about their use and how you can adjust your cookie settings are described in our cookie statement.