Sign in to follow this  
chrish242

Potentially going back to work next month?

chrish242

Hi all hope your doing well through these tough times. Around the middle of March I was told to take 12 weeks off work and be furloughed. I'm now halfway through that period and had a message from my manager that the idea was still to come back around mid-June. I work in a retail environment and explained that strict measures will be in place i.e. perspex screens, very limited number of people in the shop at once, markers on the floor etc. Also go face masks coming as I personally still believe that eventually they'll become mandatory. I realize its still 6 weeks off but its something I will have to think about eventually. Does anyone think the measures are sufficient enough or not? Just after general advice really

Thanks

Chris

suep1954

Hi Chris

I think it's a case of wait to see what the government advice is at the time.. They may well extend the shielding period. 

Sue

chrish242

Hi Sue 

You're right that probably best thing to do, also forgot to mention that I don't have a shielding letter as GP doesn't think I fall in that category.

annelben

I haven't got a shielding letter but we had a discussion and my GP has noted me as at  risk on her records. So I have to do strict distancing and behave like 70+ even though I'm not 70 till next year!

Anne

chrish242

I have just had a call from work also saying I'm required to go back in 2 weeks time. Don't know where I stand, I just have addisons but live with someone over 70 with an underlying health condition. We are both classed as vulnerable rather than extremely. What is people's advise on this?

susie e

Your union should be able to advise you, surely?  

chrish242

Think my options are should I stay off is to either try and get SSP or go on unpaid leave.